Hendersonville, TN – BlueHighways TV (BHTV), the multi-platform network that explores the people, stories, traditions and music of America, announced today the start of its launch on Verizon’s FiOS TV. BHTV will now be available to FiOS subscribers on Channel 246 in New York, NY, Philadelphia, PA, Baltimore, MD, Washington, DC, Salisbury, MD, Richmond, VA and Norfolk, VA.
“Roots music and bluegrass fans in these major market areas are anxiously awaiting BlueHighways TV,” said Stan Hitchcock, Chairman and CEO. “Through our partnership with the fans, festivals, and musicians, along with national and local radio, we are excited to get the word out that BlueHighways TV will now be available on Verizon FiOS TV in these top US markets, and are eager to roll out in additional markets in 2009.”
BHTV programming features roots music, including bluegrass, blues, folk western, gospel and traditional country; outdoor adventure and agriculture, lifestyle, cooking, equestrian and a variety of other subjects valued by a wide and growing audience. Original programming available on the network includes:
- American Journeys – A sweeping documentary-style look at the land and people of America, this brilliantly filmed one-hour feature program unearths America’s cultural and scenic treasures and exquisitely showcases the diversity of our country.
- The BHTV Sampler – Just as an American Sampler Quilt is stitched from beautiful and assorted fabrics, so, too, are the stories on “The BHTV Sampler.” Each show features segments about lifestyle, traditions, characters and music that when threaded together make for an entertaining insight into Americana.
- Due West – Seeking to reacquaint those who embody the Western spirit and introduce the West to people who have journeyed there only in their imaginations, “Due West” is a 30-minute travelogue hosted by Dan Miller that explores the mystique of this unique region.
- Heart To Heart – BlueHighways TV Founder Stan Hitchcock draws upon his musical heritage in this 30-minute conversation program where he sits with the stars and legends of country, gospel, western and bluegrass to talk and play the music that has shaped their lives.
- Old Country Church – An inspirational tribute to American roots told through traditional, country and bluegrass gospel music and stories from church elders and historians.
- Reno’s Old Time Music Festival – Bluegrass music is enjoying an American renaissance, and this 30-minute program celebrates that rebirth with riveting live acoustic performances featuring Ronnie Reno and the Reno Tradition and a variety of guest music legends.
- Woodsongs – Live from the Kentucky Theater in Lexington, this 60-minute program features the best in Bluegrass and Folk music.
About BlueHighways TV TM
BlueHighways TV is a satellite, cable and broadband delivered television network that grew out of the great interest that audiences have in exploring and refreshing the folklore, music, traditions, destinations, festivals and artistry of America. Conceived and created by Network Creative Group, LLC, BlueHighways TV captures that welcoming, down-home spirit that Americans are known for – and are increasingly seeking on television — delivered with an interesting, honest and exploratory voice. BlueHighways also takes its musical offerings on the road under performing arrangements with major theaters in Branson, MO and Pigeon Forge, TN. The network has developed a number of innovative ways to work with satellite distributors and cable operators to reach and serve their local audiences, and BlueHighways TV is currently in active negotiations for carriage. For more information, visit BlueHighways TV’s website at www.bluehighwaystv.com.
Submitted by Bluehighways TV